CarPro Iron X Cleaner – 1 liter
Remove iron filings and contaminants that have penetrated below the surface of the paint finish.
When driving, airborne iron particles penetrate the surface of your car's paint. These ferrous particles (including brake dust and iron filings from rail and road traffic) are unsightly (small brown rust dots on the car) and they can create corrosive compounds that etch into the surface finish. Embedded contaminants must be removed before doing paint correction polishing, ceramic nano coatings, sealants, or waxes.
CarPro developed Iron X to remove embedded particles from a vehicle's paint and wheels. IronX effectively dissolves the sintered iron by forming a water soluble iron complex. This preventative measure puts a stop to corrosion: no other method cleans paint and wheels as deeply as Iron X.
How does Iron X work
Iron X sprays on as a thick, transparent solution. As the Iron X cleansing liquid works into the car's paint, the formula begins to turn purple. The purple/red coloration indicates the Iron X Cleaner reacting with the iron embedded in the car paint or wheel – changing it into a water-soluble complex that is easily rinsed away.
How to use CarPro Iron X iron removal cleaner:
- Wash the car or wheels and make sure surface is in cool temp. Applying Iron X under hot sunlight is not recommended.
- Shake well and spray Iron X on the surface of the car paint or wheel.
- Gently agitate trouble areas with a soft detailing brush or damp sponge.
- Wait 5 minutes while the Iron X solution reacts with the dirt and iron contaminants.
- After the reaction has changed the cleaner's color to purple/red, rinse off the Iron X cleaner.
- If necessary, spray a second dose of Iron X onto trouble areas.
- Rinse or power wash the whole surface. The car is now ready to clay.
CarPro Iron X 1-liter spray bottle