"How much clear coat is on this panel? Is it safe to polish this paint?"
The PosiTector 6000 paint depth gauge answers these questions for detailers doing paint correction.
The PosiTector 6000 is a rugged electronic coating thickness gauge. It uses magnetic and eddy measurements to quickly and accurately determine the coating thickness on both ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Effective and Efficient
- NEW Faster measurement speed (60+ readings per minute)
- Ready to measure – no calibration adjustment required for most applications
- Enhanced one-handed menu navigation
- Flashing display – ideal in a noisy environment
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant - weatherproof
- Wear-resistant probe tip
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Two-year warranty on gauge body and probe
- Certificate of Calibration showing traceability to NIST included
- Built-in temperature compensation ensures measurement accuracy
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- Conforms to national and international standards including ISO and ASTM
- Gage body universally accepts all PosiTector 6000 (coating thickness), SPG (surface profile), DPM (environmental) and UTG (ultrasonic wall thickness) probes
- Multiple Calibration adjustment options including 1 point, 2 point, known thickness, average zero
- Selectable display languages
- Hi Contrast backlit display for bright or dark environments
- Flip display enables right-side-up viewing
- Extended cables available (up to 75 m/250 ft) for underwater or remote measuring
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries (built-in charger)
- Statistics mode continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max thickness and number of readings while measuring
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- NEW Enhanced FAST mode — 90+ readings per minute for quick inspection
- Sealed USB port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power. USB cable included.
- Software updates via web keep your PosiTector 6000 current
- Screen Capture – record and save image into USB flash memory for record keeping and review
- PosiSoft solutions for viewing, analyzing & reporting data:
- PosiSoft USB Drive -stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/ Mac web browsers or file explorers. No software required.
- PosiSoft.net account - a free web-based application offering secure storage of thickness readings
- PosiSoft 3.0 - desktop software (PC/Mac) for downloading, viewing, printing and storing measurement data. Available as a free download.
- PosiSoft Mobile -(Advanced models only) - access readings, graphs, capture photos and update notations through WiFi enabled devices such as tablets, smart phones and computers
- Every stored measurement is date and time stamped
Comes complete with standard gauge body, FN probe, precision plastic shims, protective rubber holster with belt clip, wrist strap, 3 AAA alkaline batteries, instructions, nylon carrying case with shoulder strap, protective lens shield, Long Form Certificate of Calibration traceable to NIST, USB cable, and two-year warranty.
SIZE: 137 x 61 x 28 mm (5.4" x 2.4" x 1.1")
WEIGHT: 140 g (4.9 oz.) without batteries
CONFORMS TO: ISO 2178/2360/2808, PrEN ISO 19840, ASTM B499/D1186/D1400/D7091/E376/G12, BS3900-C5, SSPC-PA2 and others