CarPro's Agressive Orange Peel Removal Pad:
Equivalent to 2000 grit Sandpaper
With our CarPro Velvet and Denim Orange Peel Removal pads you can now remove or substantially reduce orange peel in the top layer without sanding. While removing orange peel and deep defects you are also polishing the paint rather than leaving sanding marks which reduces the steps needed afterwards.
PLEASE NOTE: THESE PADS ARE AGGRESIVE AND DECEPTIVE. They don't dull the paint like sanding so it may appear you aren't removing paint but you most certainly are. You must test these on a test panel first and learn how to use them first. Use LITTLE TO NO PRESSURE and observe the paint temperature often. DO NOT USE WITHOUT UTILIZING A PAINT GAUGE OFTEN.
- Remove Orange Peel and deep defects while simultaneously polishing paint
- Equivalent to 2000 grit sandpaper with out the dulling of paint and sanding haze
- Remove Orange Peel without sanding
- Orange peel removal without the haze generated by sanding
- Breather perforations to avoid paint dust buildup on pad and help keep heat down
- Polish the paint while removing the ridges of orange peel
- Less dust and clean up prior to finishing polish
- Attach to hook & loop backing plate on a Rotary polisher
- Prime pad with CarPro Fixer
- Apply a few drops to paint or pad according to your skills and preference
- Work a 2' x 2' section or larger to keep heat down as needed but remember the larger the area the more time it will take to level orange peel and defects.
- Begin working polish on low speed for a pass or so.
- Step up speed to approx. 1200 rpm (adjust as needed)
- With proper lighting observe the level of orange peel removal while you work
- Apply more polish if needed or a spray of water on pad to re-activate lubricants
- When satisfied with orange peel and defect removal slow speed, ending at 600 rpm as you finish down the polish
- Refine finish with a foam pad or microfiber pad and polish
- Note that these pads are the equivalent of 2000 grit sandpaper
- Please only use these pads if you are sure the orange peel is in the upper (clear coat) and not the color coat layer
- Be careful near edges and body lines or avoid completely if you are not entirely secure in your knowledge of heavy defect removal
- Do not use without knowledge of clear coat thickness in conjunction with a paint thickness gauge
- Size: 6" Diameter
- Made in: Japan
- Pore Size: 80ppi
- Foam Hardness: 3kpa
- Material: Denim Surface with hook and loop backing
- Color: Denim