Best Car Wash Soap Reviewed and Tested
Washing your car is one of the simplest and most enjoyable parts of caring for your car. However, with the ever-growing number of car wash soaps available, it can be difficult and confusing to choose which one will deliver you the best results.
Car wash shampoos have many features that ultimately define which soap is superior. Some will produce different foam thickness, some will strip wax from your paint, while others will add wax onto it.
Being the largest supplier of detailing products in Canada, we’ve had the unique experience to test and use the majority of soaps available. While many are great, especially with a specific feature such as foaming or lifting dirt, none seem to have cracked the secret that delivers the best performance across all key scenarios.
It’s that experience which has led us to develop OBSSSSD Auto Wash Shampoo. A soap that excels in all key features and is developed for Canada’s car enthusiasts.
6 features that make Auto Wash Shampoo the best car wash soap.
Long-lasting & thick snow foam
Suds play a key role in dislodging and suspending dirt from your paint without the need for additional scrubbing which can cause swirl-marks. OBSSSSD Auto Wash Car Wash Soap is designed to produce dense and durable foam that effectively lifts and dissolves dirt to help you wash your vehicle without embedding swirls in your paint. It also helps you obtain clean paint much faster and with less rubbing.
Serves as the ultimate gloss enhancer
Designed as both a shampoo and a conditioner, Auto Wash Shampoo reveals the gloss, clarity, and color of your paint. It leaves behind a unique layer of polymers that magnifies the depth and shine of your paint for a “freshly waxed” look.
Extends the durability of waxes, sealants, and coatings
Auto Wash Shampoo leaves behind a layer of polymers that is not only safe but also strengthens any wax, coating or sealant, effectively extending their durability and protection.
ECO-Friendly and Biodegradable
Auto Wash Shampoo is environmentally friendly with its 100% biodegradable formula. Using biodegradable car wash soap ensures we reduce our environmental impact and helps keep our water stream clean.
Auto Wash Shampoo is a thick car wash soap with a high-dilution ratio. So a little goes a long way. You can mix as little as 1oz or 1.5oz of detergent per 5 gallons of water.
The Perfect Smell
Most car wash detergents either have a pungent chemical smell, or a smell that’s so strong it becomes unpleasant to most customers. Auto Wash Shampoo has a soft and sweet aroma that will please even the most discerning nose.
EQUIPMENT AND STEPS FOR THE PERFECT (SWIRL-FREE) WASH
- 5-Gallon Wash Buckets
- Grit Guards
- High-Quality Wash Mitts
- Soft Microfiber Drying Towels
- Forced Air Car Dryer
How to properly perform a 2-bucket wash:
Ideally, you want to wash your car in the shade or during a cloudy day to avoid water from drying directly on your paint due to the scorching sun.
Fill up 2 buckets with water and in the first mix in your car wash soap, this will be your “Wash Bucket”. The second bucket with water only will be your “Rinse Bucket”.
Start by cleaning the wheels with dedicated mitts and/or wheel brushes that you will not reuse on the paint to avoid scratching.
Comprehensively rinse your car, the more dirt and dust you can knockout without actually touching your paint, the fewer swirl-marks you will induce during your wash.
Dunk your wash mitt in your Wash Bucket, and start washing from the top of your vehicle and work your way down.
Use your Rinse Bucket to rinse and scrub your wash mitt after each section you wash. Then dunk your mitt into your Wash Bucket to fill it up with clean, soapy water and repeat the process.
If you are working in the sun, we recommend you rinse each section of your car before the soap or water dries to avoid water-marks.
Once you’ve washed and rinsed your vehicle thoroughly, start the drying process using a high-quality microfiber drying towel or heated and filtered Air Dryer
Be very careful during this stage and you may want to use a drying-aid to help reduce the chances of inducing swirls while drying your paint. We recommend patting the water dry instead of dragging your drying towel over each panel.
That’s it! Now you know how to wash your car like a pro and what car wash soap to use to get the best results!
Best Practices on HOW-TO Wash Your Car Video
- For best results, do not use under hot, direct sunlight.
- Rinse the vehicle to remove any loose dirt.
- Dilute 30 - 45 ml (1 - 1.5oz) of OBSSSSD Auto Wash Shampoo into 20L (5 gallons) of water.
- Add a jet of water to activate foam suds.
- Start washing at the top of the vehicle and work down.
- Minimize the risk of scratching or marring by frequently rinsing your wash mitt in a dedicated rinse bucket. Soak the mitt in the shampoo bucket and continue washing.
- Rinse the vehicle frequently to keep shampoo from drying.
- Dry the vehicle.
OBSSSSD Auto Wash Shampoo features include:
- Safe to use on vehicles coated in a wax, sealant, or Nano coating. Will not degrade or strip coatings as long as the dilution ratio is followed.
- PH Neutral
- Highly concentrated, you only need 1 1.5oz (~30 45 mL) per 5 gallons (~20L) of water.
- This shampoo produces a thick layer of snow foam when used in a foam cannon. 1-2.0oz in the foam cannon bottle, then top up the rest with water. (Using filtered or distilled water will help create more snow foam).
- The OBSSSSD Auto Wash Shampoo also has a pleasant smell, meaning that there are no harsh odors while you wash your car.
- One bottle will last 10-16 car washes if you use 1-1.5oz per wash.
Purchase OBSSSSD Auto Wash
Want to see more How-To Detailing Videos – Subscribe to our YouTube Channel