Auto detailing technique - how to clean your engine bay
Watch this demonstration of how to wash the engine of a Lamborghini Gallardo and feel confident when you clean the engine bay in your car. In this tutorial, Troy sprays an engine cleaning product, lets it dwell on the plastic and metal for a minute, agitates and cleans the metal and plastic surfaces with a variety of brushes and then rinses the engine bay with a pressure washer. Finally, the engine is blown dry.
How to wash your engine bay with an Engine Bay Cleaner:
- Spray on the engine cleaner of your choice and let it dwell on the plastic and metal in the engine bay. You may want to choose a one cleaner for plastic and another for the metal.
- After the cleaner sits for a minute, use your cleaning brush (or brushes) to agitate the cleaner and move the dirt off the surface.
- If an area in the engine bay are too dry, apply more cleaner or wet your brushes in a bucket of water and auto shampoo.
- After scrubbing with your brushes, rinse the engine bay with clean water.
- Dry with an air dryer for a spotless finish.
Recommended products for washing your engine:
- P21S Total Auto Wash
1Z Einszett W99 All-Purpose Degreaser
S100 Total Cycle Cleaner
Swissvax Engine Cleaner
Griot's Garage Engine Cleaner
8" Boar's Hair Brush
Daytona Speed Master Brush (large)
Daytona Speed Master Brush Junior
RaceGlaze Detailing Brush Set
This video is presented for instructional and educational purposes only. Auto Obsessed accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused in reliance upon such information, application or services. As your results may vary from ours, always know your own product and application and ensure that all techniques used are suitable for your purposes as your results may vary from ours.
Auto Obsessed on Facebook
We regularly post stories and photos on our Facebook page. Go to http://facebook.com/autoobsessed and click "Like" to follow the Auto Obsessed Facebook page.