Auto detailing technique - how to wash car wheels and tires
In this demonstration, Troy shows how to wash and clean car wheels and tires on a Lamborghini Gallardo.
How to wash your wheels and tires with a Wheel Cleaner detailing product:
- Spray on the cleaner of your choice and let it dwell on the metal wheels and rubber tires. Check the cleaner instructions to see how long the manufacturer recommends the cleaner sit on the wheel surface.
- After the cleaner dwells, use your cleaning brushes to scrub the surface of the wheel and tire.
- Your brushes will work better when they're wet. Wet your brushes in a bucket of water and auto shampoo.
- Start with the inside of the wheel: scrub the inner barrel of the wheel, the wheel hub and brake caliper first before moving to the spokes and outer surfaces.
- Brush the inside of the wheel well too.
- Use a nylon brush to scrub the rubber tire.
- After scrubbing with your brushes, rinse the wheel and wheel well with a pressure washer and clean water.
- Dry with an air dryer for a spotless finish.
- Coat your wheels with a sealant or nano coating [optional].
- Finish your tires with a rubber dressing.
Recommended products for washing your car's wheels and tires:
- P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner
Chemical Guys Sticky Wheel & Rim Cleaner
1Z Einszett Wheel Cleaner
Griot's Garage Heavy Duty Wheel Cleaner
Sonax Wheel Cleaner
Swissvax Wheel Cleaner
Iron X Cleaner
Wolf's Chemicals Deironizer
Daytona Speed Master Brush (large)
Daytona Speed Master Brush Junior
8" Boar's Hair Brush
RaceGlaze Detailing Brush Set
Nylon Tire & Wheel Brush
Swissvax Pneu Application Brush
This video is presented for instructional and educational purposes only. Auto Obsessed accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused in reliance upon such information, application or services. As your results may vary from ours, always know your own product and application and ensure that all techniques used are suitable for your purposes as your results may vary from ours.
Auto Obsessed on Facebook
We regularly post stories and photos on our Facebook page. Go to http://facebook.com/autoobsessed and click "Like" to follow the Auto Obsessed Facebook page.