Auto detailing tutorial - how to clean and polish car exhaust tips
In this tutorial video, we wash, clean, steel wool and polish the exhaust tips of a BMW M3 before applying a protective sealant on the metal for a longer-lasting shine. Prior to our cleaning, these exhaust tips were almost black with carbon build-up and dirt. After, you'll see how perfectly bright the beautiful chrome tips look.
How to clean and polish your car's exhaust tips:
- Wash the exhaust tips using a dark wash mitt and automotive shampoo.
- Spray an all-purpose cleaner like 1Z Einszett W99 and agitate the surface of the tips with a stiff brush to start removing the buildup.
- Continue with P21S Polishing Soap to remove any remaining buildup.
- Use a fine grade steel wool with the polishing soap to remove any stubborn carbon buildup from the bottom of the tips.
- When the exhaust tips are completely clean, apply a metal polish or finish restorer to remove any blueing or yellowing on the metal and bring the tips to a nice bright shine.
- Apply a sealant like Blackfire Metal Sealant or Sonus Aluminum Sealant to protect the finish you've just created on your exhaust tips. The sealant will make them easy to clean when you next wash your car.
Recommended products for cleaning the exhaust tips on your car:
1Z Einszett W99 All-Purpose Cleaner/Degreaser
Chemical Guys Grime Reaper All-Purpose Cleaner
P21S Polishing Soap
- POLISHES and SEALANTS:
P21S Finish Restorer
Chemical Guys Metal Shine
Sonus Aluminum Sealant
Blackfire Metal Sealant
This video is presented for instructional and educational purposes only. Auto Obsessed accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused in reliance upon such information, application or services. As your results may vary from ours, always know your own product and application and ensure that all techniques used are suitable for your purposes as your results may vary from ours.
Auto Obsessed on Facebook
We regularly post stories and photos on our Facebook page. Go to http://facebook.com/autoobsessed and click "Like" to follow the Auto Obsessed Facebook page.