Auto detailing tutorial - how to apply Gtechniq EXO nano coating on your car
In this tutorial video, we prepare the car's paint and glass for the coating and apply the Gtechniq EXO nano coating. After the nano coating cures, we show how perfectly water runs off the car. Use Gtechniq EXO v2 nano coating to seal your car's surface, give your car a nice shine, repel water and dirt and make it easy to wash for 2 to 2.5 years. Watch to the end of the video to see the excellent hydrophobic effect EXO produces.
How to prepare and apply Gtechniq EXO nano coating on your car:
- For best results, only apply EXO after washing and removing all contaminants and defects from your car's surface. Wash your car (video - car wash best practices), remove all contaminants (video - decontamination and claying) from the car's surface and, if necessary, polish the surface to remove defects and scratches in the paint.
- After paint is polished and all defects are removed, use GTechniq Panel Wipe Coating Prep to completely remove any remaining polishing oils or coatings so EXO can properly bond to the surface.
- Working on one panel at a time, apply the Gtechniq EXO nano coating directly onto a small sueded microfiber cloth wrapped around a foam block applicator.
- Evenly distribute the liquid EXO across the surface using even back-and-forth motions and minimal pressure. Carefully check that you get completed coverage, go over each section at least twice ensure even coverage.
- Immediately use a clean, dry microfiber towel to gently wipe and smooth out any irregularities or Gtechniq EXO coating residue.
- Next, buff off the panel using a second microfiber towel. It is important to immediately buff the area that EXO was applied to.
- Apply a second coat of EXO twenty minutes after first coat to ensure complete coverage. Avoid getting the vehicle wet for 3 hours (EXO v2 cure time = 3 hours, EXO v1 cure time = 48 hours).
- Maintain your EXO coating's shine and protection with GTechniq G-Wash Shampoo and Gtechniq C1.5 Silo Sealant.
Recommended products for applying Gtechniq EXO nano coating:
- PREPARATION CLEANER:
Gtechniq Panel Wipe nano coating preparation
- GTECHNIQ EXO NANO COATINGS:
Gtechniq EXO v2 nano coating (30 ml)
Gtechniq EXO v2 nano coating (50 ml)
- APPLICATORS and MICROFIBER TOWELS:
Microfiber Superior Towel (blue)
Microfiber Value Towel (pink)
CarPro CQuartz Foam Block Applicator
CarPro CQuartz Thin Sueded Microfiber
This video is presented for instructional and educational purposes only. Auto Obsessed accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused in reliance upon such information, application or services. As your results may vary from ours, always know your own product and application and ensure that all techniques used are suitable for your purposes as your results may vary from ours.
Auto Obsessed on Facebook
We regularly post stories and photos on our Facebook page. Go to http://facebook.com/autoobsessed and click "Like" to follow the Auto Obsessed Facebook page.