The Porter Cable 7424XP Car Buffer and Polisher is a beautifully working tool guaranteed to bring out the very best finish on the most lackluster surfaces, particularly old car or boat. It will throw life onto the dead and dull by operating at an electronic variable speed between 2,500 -- 6,800 OPM (Oscillations Per Minute). But what really sets the Porter Cable 7424-XP apart from other similar polishers on the market is not just the price, but more the performance and smoothness. You will be hard pressed to find as good a polisher at such an outstanding price anywhere else. So make the right decision and go with the Porter Cable 7424XP car buffer and polisher for the very best in polishing potential.
When updating the 7424 to the 7424XP Porter Cable kept what makes the 7424 great polisher, specifically the mechanism behind the random orbit, while at the same time improving on the design. They have upped the max. OPM from 6,000 to 6,800, and gave it a more powerful motor so that you will get the same great results, just faster. They have also given it a more durable power switch and tweaked the Ergonomics make this polisher more comfortable which gives you more control over the tool. So if you are in the market for a great polisher you can't go wrong with the new and improved Porter Cable 7424XP!
- Random, swirl free polishing action
- Electronic variable speed 2,500 - 6,800 OPM
- 100% ball bearings with spiral and bevel gears
- 4.5 Amp, 120 Volts AC only
The 7424XP includes:
- Model 7424XP Car Buffer / Polisher
- 6" polishing pad (#54745)
- Side handle
- Operating manual
- 7424-XP features a Heritage Porter-Cable Mechanism, field-proven reliability
- Improved Switch Design for greater durability
- More powerful motor 4.5 amps for faster removal rate
- Variable speed allows for control or agressive removal and will not burn paint.
- Power: 120 V AC, 50-60 Hz/120 V DC
- Amps: 4.5 Amps
- No Load Speed: Electronic variable speed 2,500-6,800 RPM
- Spindle Thread: Accepts 5/16 - 24
- Gear Drive: Spiral Bevel
- Wheel Diameter: 6"
- Net weight 5-3/4 lb
- Length 11-1/2"
Note: This item does not come with a backing plate, any DA (dual action) backing plate listed on our site will fit this model and can be purchased separately.
For backing plates;
Dual Action Backing Plates - Click Here