CarPro CQuartz Tio2 Ceramic Coating Paint Protection Kit 30ml
CQuartz TiO2 30ml Ceramic Coating Kit
CQuartz TiO2 (aka CQuartz) is the latest adaptation of the original Quartz-based ceramic coating that put the advances of Nanotechnology in the hands of detailing enthusiasts, CarPro CQuartz remains at the cutting edge of automotive protection technology with constant advances and improvements throughout the years. CQuartz bonds to paint, glass, metal, and plastic at a molecular level, effectively becoming a functional element of the vehicle’s surface. This coating’s hard hydrophobic, glass-like finish helps to protect your vehicle from weathering, UV-damage, industrial and organic fallout, acids, alkalines, light wash-marring and abrasion for up to 2-years whilst making it easier to clean than ever before. If you find maintaining your vehicle’s beauty a challenge, it’s time to experience the CQuartz legend for yourself...
- (1) 30ml bottle of CQuartz
- (1) Applicator Block
- (5) 4" Microfiber Suede Applicators
- Reflective Hologram CQuartz stickers
- SiO2 (Quartz) & Tio2 (Titanium) Hybrid ceramic coating for extreme reflections, gloss, "self-cleaning", and resistance to oxidation)
- Extremely durable hard glossy coat, which can help, protect against acid rain, bird droppings, corrosive traffic film, tar and harmful UV rays for more than 2 years.
- Offers a deep, rich gloss with self-cleaning properties, making future washing of your vehicle, faster and easier. CQuartz can prevent 50% of light wash marring.
- CQuartz contains ceramic nano-particles found within glass alongside TiO2 nano-particles creating a highly reflective, transparent layer offering incredible durability
- Average thickness of each CQuartz layer is approximately 1µm ~ 2µm.
- Once applied, CQuartz forms a strong bond directly to the paint becoming one with the painted surface and offering a true sacrificial barrier to the environment.
- CQuartz active ingredients form a precise and uniformed level layer, giving strong water and oil repellency and resisting most stains on the paints surface.
- Resists extremely high temperatures. Feel free to coat engine components, etc. that correspond to the materials shown.
- Recommended working temperatures: 50F to 100F
- If environmental temperatures are below 60F consider CQuartz UK.
- If contamination exists, Iron X and Clay your vehicle before polishing.
- To gain the most from Cquartz your vehicle should have all surfaces 100% clean and paint polished to a high level
- Use CarPro Relfect to achieve an incredible high gloss finish in less time with no fillers
- Use Carpro Eraser to remove any oils leftover after polishing - This is critical to ensure durability of CQuartz
- Finding the right time to "level" (wipe off) excess coating after it flashes:
- Start with a single 2ft x 2ft test section to determine flash time before applying coating to entire vehicle. Flash time will vary depending on temperature, humidity, air movement, paint type, how thick it is applied, and more.
- If coating is applied thick then the coating will take longer to flash. If applied thin it will flash faster. Hot temps will cause it to flash faster, Cold Temps will cause it to flash slower. Air movement will cause it to flash faster.
- When it starts to flash you will see colors that will make the coating look like a rainbow or oil slick. You will see hints of blue, purple, red, and yellow.
- Remove too soon and it will be oily with no grab to it when wiping. If you wipe off too soon it will not give the coating a chance to bond.
- Remove too late and it becomes hard to remove.
- The time to remove is when you feel just a little push back or "grab" against your towel but it is not difficult to remove and it is no longer oily. It may leave some streaks at first but with the second wipe of a fresh clean side of the towel, the streaks should wipe off and the paint should be nice and clear.
- Lighting - Lighting is key to make sure you wipe off completely when you do wipe off. You don't want spot lighting like would use on paint correction but ambient lighting. Look at the paint from different angles to make sure none of the coating is missed. Spot lighting will "wash out" the high spots visually. Think of it like this: when you wipe off a sealant you have hours to go and check it again outside or in other lighting. In this case you need to pay attention as you go rather then wait an hour. Thorough removal of the coating is very necessary as any product left on the surface will harden and require polishing to remove soon after.
- Cquartz Tio2 - Wait between 1-5 minutes depending on temps, humidity, and paint and find the right window to wipe when you’re doing your test panel. Generally in summer temps 2-3 min. Too soon and it will still be oily. Too late and it becomes hard to remove.
- High spots - A high spot is excess coating that was not leveled (wiped off). Most of the time it will look like an application mark. If you discover to them within minutes then a bit more product will lift them. Otherwise you would use a dot of finishing polish such as CarPro Essence or Reflect and rub the high spot off, wipe it down with Eraser or your IPA of choice, and then re-coat that area and onto the area around it by about 6". Then start wiping off the perimeter immediately and slowly work inwards to feather it until you reach the area you are trying to re-coat at the appropriate time.
Directions: Use only in good ambient lighting
- Do not apply in direct sun or on hot surface
- Do not re-use 4" Suede applicators
- Do not re-use the towels you used to buff off with on paint
- Wear hand protection
- Wear respiratory protection such as painters mask
Read "Tips" above before coating
- Wrap a 4" microfiber suede around the grey side of applicator block.
- Shake CQuartz.
- Slowly open bottle and drag one or two lines of product down the applicator.
- Spread across paint in a criss cross pattern approximately 2 sq ft at a time depending on conditions.
- Buff off as soon as it flashes (within 1-5 minutes depending - see tips above) using a Carpro No lint towel
- Be sure to remove all excess residue and only then do you move to the next section.
- Switch out the 4" Suedes every 2+/- panels.
- Additional coats may be applied with 45-60 minutes or wait until the following day if you are beyond 60 minutes. CarPro recommends 2 coats. Max Layer - 3 coats.
- Apply Reload after final coat within 30- 60 mins. Wait until next day for Reload if you miss the 30-60 minute window or at least a minimum of 12 hrs.
- Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application (For best results keep dry for 24 hours)
- Gently wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5 days after application
- If it is dry and the air is clean outside then you may park the vehicle in direct sun after application to speed the curing.
Q & A:1. What are the consequences of buffing the product off too soon?
2. Approximately how many microns will (1) coating of CQuartz add to the paint?
3. Can CQuartz be applied to single stage paints of any age?
4. What temperatures will CQuartz withstand before failing?
5. What is the shelf life of CQuartz before being opened by the consumer?
6. If only some of the bottle is used and the cap replaced tightly what would the remaining shelf life be?
7. Can CQuartz be clayed a year down the line if any contaminants stick to it?
Auto Obsessed Shipping and Return Policy
At any time you can get a live shipping quote, simply by adding the items you wish to your cart and continue through the purchasing process. You do not have to submit payment to be able to get a shipping quote.
All orders are shipped with Canada Post, UPS, or FedEx. You can select the method of shipping you prefer at time of purchase. All in stock orders usually ship next business day if your order is received before 10:00am MST. NOTE: We try our best to process orders in one business day, however this is not a guarantee and during busy periods processing of orders may take anywhere from 1 - 3 business days before shipping.
Shipping dates are estimates in accordance with our carriers. If you live in an area experiencing an unexpected delay, or if there are unforeseen delays with the carrier, please note that there may be additional shipping time before you receive your order. Shipping estimations also do not factor in courier pickup cut-off times, to prevent any delays ensure that your order is placed before 10:00am MST on regular business days and allow one full business day to process your order.
For local orders (ie: Edmonton and immediate area), we have a next business day delivery to your home or business option. This option will be available to local areas only, and will not appear as an option for areas outside the shipping zone. Purchases will need to be made before 10:00am MST in order to allow time for processing for next business day delivery. Purchases made after 10:00am will be processed the following business day and will be delivered the next business day following processing. NOTE: We try our best to process orders in one business day, however this is not a guarantee and during busy periods processing of orders may take anywhere from 1 - 3 business days before shipping.
Free Shipping Policy:
Qualifying purchase must be merchandise only; any applicable taxes or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. During free shipping promotions, free shipping only applies to addresses in Canada within normal Canada Post delivery areas, shipped by Canada Post. Large items may be subject to additional shipping charges.
International shipments are subject to local taxes, customs, and duties and/or additional charges such as brokerage fees. These charges are the sole responsibility of the buyer. If at any time Auto Obsessed™ is billed for these charges, Auto Obsessed™ will bill the buyer in the same manner the original order was billed.
Refunds are given, less shipping and handling charges, for items returned in new, factory fresh condition with original packaging within 30 days of your receipt of the order. Customers must email to receive a Return Authorization number. Products returned without authorization will not be accepted. Any order that qualified for free shipping will have the free shipping offer void and the shipping charges incurred by Auto Obsessed™ for the free shipping will be deducted for that particular order prior to any refund being issued. Special Orders are Final Sale and cannot be returned or exchanged unless authorized from the manufacture, in these cases a restocking fee may be deducted from refunded amount.
Product Warranties and Repairs:
All items sold by Auto Obsessed are warranted solely by the manufacturer. All items needing repair should be sent to the manufacturer directly for service. Auto Obsessed is not liable if the manufacturer fails to guarantee its own products.
All products are shipped using carrier-approved materials and methods. All products are also carefully packed to prevent damage during shipment. Nevertheless, damage may occasionally occur in transit. Any damage is the responsibility of the carrier, not Auto Obsessed™. Therefore, you must make all damage claims to the carrier.
In case of damage, retain all cartons, packing materials and damaged products for the carrier to inspect, take pictures and contact Auto Obsessed™ advising that the shipment has been received damaged within 48hrs of receipt.
During cold weather months there is a chance that products may freeze in transit. There are no couriers that offer any guarantee against freezing. Please understand that although Auto Obsessed™ strives to provide our customers with the best service, ordering liquid products during extreme temperatures is at the risk of the customer.